Saturday, January 8, 2011

Great Idea for Healthy Pizza's! YUMMMY!!


I made spaghetti one night for my small family and had half a jar of sauce left over, so I saved it in the fridge. I have a hard time throwing away food, so I try to 'over lap' my meals whenever possible. It saves me a TON of money, and I don't waste food. Plus sometimes it helps me create new fun things to make. So I was at the store picking up some other things and I walked by the Deli and saw these "Flatout" sundried tomato whole grain wraps. I had a great idea, I'd use the extra sause to make pizza for lunch!

Super easy and if you do it right these are a great healthy way to enjoy pizza.
Spread a thin layer of tomatoe sauce on the flat bread, top with toppings and bake at 350 in the oven for about 8-12 mins. How easy is that? I made a cheese and olive one for my son, and then a Hawaiian one for my husband and I using cheese, canned pineapple and deli cut ham.

1 comment:

The Williams Family said...

We have done these & I love them .. They are super easy! I am the same way, I have a hard time throwing away food -- But it can be super hard to feed a small family without wasting! So I love ideas for "over-lapping" leftovers!