Monday, March 28, 2011

Corbin and Mommy's first Vacation!

Friday afternoon Corbin and I loaded up and headed out to St. George to visit some friends and family, and spend some time together.

Miriam and Corbin chillin in the back seat while we went shoppin!


 I think Miriam got Corbin hooked on Barney!



She was such a doll all weekend and even shared all her toys with Corbin



 Trying to get a pic with him is hard


Saturday night we all went out to Chili's, it was delicious!

Dad, Miriam and Lisa 


Uncle Ty came to dinner with us too! 


Got to spend a little time with my best friend Steph, they just built the most beautiful house down there! I seriously want to move in! ha ha..


This is Dad and Lisa's kitchen before...

And after!!





My camera takes horrible indoor photo's, but while I was down I helped Lisa make some new curtains for her kitchen and I LOVE how they turned out.. our next goal is to make some for her living room :)


Cute little Miriam fell asleep while we were getting ready to leave. She really is so cute and such a well behaved little girl!

Sunday morning we walked down to the river and let the kids throw rocks and play in the mud. Corbin loved it! He was filthy when I had to drag him back home.


Lisa and Corbin before we left. Corbin had a blast playing in Miriam's toy room all weekend, she has so many fun toys.


On the way home we stopped at a gas station and since Corbin was doing so good going potty I told him he could pick out any treat he wanted, guess what he chose? A gas station banana.. OK it wouldn't be my first choice, but at least he'll eat fruit!



In Scipio they have a petting zoo right next to a Gas Station now, so I made sure we had time to stop on they way home.
It was FREEZING and windy though.. so we didn't stay long, but Corbin loved all the animals! 



They even had a baby zebra my favorite animal!





This little pony was a wild thing! I don't petting Zoo should be his thing since he would run back and forth and bite any kid that dared but their had within reach! Ha ha it was hilarious there was these kids there warning me that if I went near it, it would bit us! But Corbin just like to watch his run back and forth, he thought it was pretty funny.


It was a rough weekend not having Darren there to help me with Corbin, but all in all we had a good time. Saturday was rainy, but we were inside sewing anyway.. Sunday was beautiful! We took the kids to the park and let them play in the river by my dads house. Corbin loved throwing the rocks in the water, so much that he got carried away and threw Miriam's shoe in!

Love my family, hope to see you guys again soon!!!

2 comments:

Dani said...

Sounds like fun Jewels!

Sherry said...

sounds like a fun adventure! and brave of you going by yourself :) I love St. George, its so wonderful there and of course we love the relatives that live there! Corbin and Mimi are so cute together! I wish I could see them :) Love, Sherry