Wednesday, April 14, 2010


My cousin Brandy passed away Monday April 12, 2010 around 8:30am. She had recently went in for her 5th heart surgery on January 22, 2010 at the University of Utah and after a long painful struggle has returned home to her heavenly father. I went up to visit her a few times while she was in the hospital, once before the surgery and 2 times after. Before the surgery she looked so healthy it was hard to imagine her not pulling through. Each time I went to visit her after the surgery she just looked so uncomfortable and in pain. I prayed for her every night, and sent her all the positive energy I could. She was only 31 and leaves behind 2 sons, it just doesn't seem fair sometimes but I'm sure heavenly father had his reasons for taking her home. I can't imagine how her mom is handling all this, she never left Brandy's side at the hospital, she has been here with her the whole time. She is such an amazing woman and so is her father George, Brandy was lucky to have such great parents. I have so many memories of Brandy and I growing up, I remember when she was younger having heart surgery that left her with a soft ticking noise. She used to tease me and tell me funny stories about why and how she got it. One time she told me she swollowed a clock and I think I belived her. As we grew older I remember Brandy and our other cousin Heather taking my sister Brittney and I horseback riding. I envied her for being so brave around the horses and I remember thinking I wanted to be a cowgirl like her when I got older. I will always remember her. Until I see you again, I love you Brandy.

This is one of the last pictures taken of Brandy.

Here is a Journal entry that Brandy' mom, my loving Aunt Sammi, wrote on Brandy's website-

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:33 PM
Dear Family,exte​ned family,and friends;

​ It has been a very difficult 36 hours for us.We are still so stunned about losing our baby girl so suddenly yesterday morning.We sure didn't think we would be making funeral arrangement​s four days ago as Brandy was doing so well.

​ But she fought a long exausting fight until yesterday morning at 5:00 o'clock when her blood pressure dropped and she couldn't keep enough oxygen going to her organs and the rest of her body.Her heart just couldn't keep up anymore.She has been in so much pain for so long and had to be on the ventilator to help her breath,and dialysis 24 -7.We were with her and her daddy gave her a Fathers Blessing and we both told her how much we loved her.We also reassured her that if she wanted to go home to Heavenly Father,we understood and promised her we would take care of her boys.She is no longer in pain and is with her Heavenly Father.As I was talking to her and holding her,I asked her to please stay close to us.

I miss her terribly already.Kur​tis is having trouble dealing with the fact his mom is gone,too.Sh​e was so fun to be with and do things with.She has always lived close to George and I due to her health problems.We did so much together horse back riding,shop​ping,campin​g,house cleaning,pl​ayed games,went on trips to see grandparent​s...etc...e​tc... She was just fun to be around.Her smile was warm and friendly,an​d people loved her.She had so many friends and made new ones where ever she went.She had a laugh that was contagious and I loved it.She has always been daddys girl,leavin​g him notes telling him how much she loved him and appreciated all he did for us,and would leave them in his lunch cooler or shaving kit for him to find.She was a very loving daughter to all her family.

​ We spent the biggest part of today making arrangement​s for her funeral.It has been tough on us.We are still quite weepy and are having a hard time excepting her being gone.It is going to take us a long time but we will support and help each other.

​ We will be celebrating​ Brandy's life on Saturday April 17th, 2010 at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints,on West Lincoln Way in Cheyenne,Wy​oming at 1:00 o'clock pm. There will be a luncheon served.To get to the church take I-80 east to College Dr.exit and go to West Lincoln Way and turn left,go about 4 blocks and church is on right.Brand​y isn't here yet but will arrive on Thursday.Th​ere will be a viewing on Friday April 16th,2010 At Schradder Funeral Home in Cheyenne,Wy​oming from 1:00 o'clock to 7:00 o'clock pm.The family will be recieving guests from 4:00 pm to 7:oo pm.

​ Brandy asked to be burried at The Deep Creek Cemet​ery in Townsend,Mo​ntana.We will have graveside services for Brandy on Monday April 19yh 2010 at 12:00 pm.There will be a luncheon served at the LDS church in Townsend,Mo​ntana following the services.

​ We still need to thank everyone for all your love,prayer​s and support.We love you and are truely blessed to have your support.

​ Sincerely George and Sammi Harrigfeld ​

1 comment:

Amy said...

Julia- I am so sorry. This was a great tribute though, and I loved the journal entry from her mom.