Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I never thought the day would come..

We've all seen it, the parents in public that can't 'control' their child from screaming and throwing a tantrum. I've often thought to myself while witnessing this at a restaurant or store, "I will not let my children throw a fit like that, and do nothing about it".



But last night at the Jazz game that was Darren and I. I felt awful for everyone sitting around us. Corbin just wanted to get down and play so bad.. but since he can barely walk and there's no room we couldn't set him down. One lady even handed me her iphone that had a baby game on it to get him to hold still and calm down, but that only lasted 2 minutes. At the half we took him out for a bottle and let him crawl around on the carpet in the fanzz store, but we only ended up making it to the end of the 3rd quarter before we had to leave. We tried everything to keep him calm and happy, but a combination of 'I just learned how to throw a fit' and 'I'm tired' made Corbin impossible last night.

I know take back everything I have thought about other parents. Sometimes nothing will work and your just screwed. And I only had one kid.. can you imagine more?

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL, that's rough. I feel the same way you did - that I would do something @ it- so I'm sure there are lots of tantrums in my future when we have kids. :) Sad you missed the game though!